Half the Cost - Better Outcomes
When healthcare's primary focus is on your health rather than fixing a health problem after it occurs, the whole system is half as expensive and you enjoy a higher level of health.
Only 25% of healthcare is in the control of the healthcare system. The other 75% is in the control of the individual. Deficit-based healthcare focuses solely on the science of doing something to the individual. Aspirational healthcare spends 75% of its focus on supporting the individual and the ownership/management of their own health.
Virtual Aspirational Healthcare Conferences have been held in both 2021 and 2022. These virtual conferences have highlighted Aspirational Healthcare Systems like Southcentral Foundation's Nuka System of Care in Alaska. The recordings of these conferences are available on this website for you to view.
Instead of being the benefactor of an institution of medicine after I fall off the cliff, the focus is on keeping me the customer, from falling off the cliff.
I am the owner of my own health. My healthcare team is here to support me in reaching my goals. They support me through my good and bad days.
I have a long-term, deep, trusting relationship with my healthcare team. They really know my story and care about me.
They listen to me, advise me, and support me on my entire journey.
My team and I are partners in deciding what I need, when and where I need it in a safe, effective and optimized way.
My questions and concerns are answered, my care is coordinated, my values and goals are what drive my health plans.
Almost 90% of everything that is spent on healthcare can be traced back to an individual's lifestyle, behaviors and choices. And yet, very little of what is spent on healthcare is focused on helping people make better choices and winning the battles within to change behaviors. Too much of healthcare is focused on putting a patch on a symptom instead of finding and solving the root problem.
The Aspirational Healthcare model has turned the traditional healthcare model upside down.
Most healthcare systems are focused on offering the best treatment for a problem when it happens. In a fee-for-service payment model, the model predominantly used in the U.S., the more the problem happens, the more revenue the system generates. There is little incentive to avoid the problem in the first place.
However, there are exceptions right here in the U.S. where the whole healthcare system has been turned upside down and instead of the focus being on the system and individuals being the benefactors of the system when there's a problem, the focus is on the customer and their overall health and well-being. The individual is the owner of their own health and the system is there to support them. This model is called Aspirational Healthcare.
The best healthcare system in the world is the Nuka System of Care created by the Southcentral Foundation in Alaska. They are an Aspirational Healthcare System and the only healthcare system that has won the U.S. President's Malcolm Baldrige Award for Quality twice (2011 & 2017).
Countries from all over the world go to Alaska to learn how healthcare can be so much better and cost half as much.
It is more important to engage the patient in change than to create a perfect treatment plan.
Instead of building a system around the providers of care, Nuka applied fundamental principles of focusing on the customer and built the best healthcare system in the world.
From community health to tertiary care, they provide all healthcare services to the Alaskan Native people in their area.
Sign up to hear from us.